I am not an expert, I just wanted to start a thread for disussions sake, also if someone can varify my information and/or explain the real current situation.

Each active crew is run by its own boss as its own family, yet they answer to three top guys who are sort of 'the boss of all bosses' or like the Comission of Chicago.

The DiFronzo era is over and they are replaced by Solly D's guys / Cataduella and Matassa.

I do not entirely know who runs what crew or what crew is still active though I know Chris Spina and the Marino-brothers are big players, with Chris operating in the West side crew and the Marino brothers are under Melrose Park.

The reason why Salvatore DeLaurentis (Solly D) was elected boss was mostly because he prevented a war between some old timers and the young guys. Can anyone explain what this situation was all about, also question; what would happen if Solly didn't prevent a war - what would've happened and who would be playing who?

Also (I am not from America but a friend of mine and I was discussing the Outfit, and he told me that two earlier associates got their button - Charlie Marzano and Salvatore Galioto with Little Joe Lombardo on the way up)

As I understand it, being an official associate of the outfit is like being made in any other original family. And being made is like being a capo.

A Chicago Capo is like a boss of a family with two head-guys beneath them, and Made guys/Soldiers acting as capos on the streets.

I'd like your guys input on this. Been scrolling the site for a few days now and I look forward getting to know you's. :-)

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''