A few months ago, I picked up DOCTOR SLEEP from B&N in the bargain section for 7 bucks. But having never read THE SHINING, I felt it was a crime to read the sequel without reading the original. Plus, I had always heard that the novel (THE SHINING) was very different (and better) than the film, so I picked that one up as well, and read them back to back.

I tore through THE SHINING in about a week, and was amazed at how much better the book was compared to the film. Much heavier on the supernatural, and it better explains Jack's descent into madness than the film did. I immediately watched the film after I finished the book, and couldn't help but be disappointed.

DOCTOR SLEEP was a huge surprise. I didn't think it would hold up to the original, but I'd rank it right up there among King's best. Terrific story, and equally as spooky.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis