My DVR wouldn't even record it all. For some reason Comcast's DVR would only record this as a channel, and not a program, and you can only record a channel for six hours. Anyhow, I saw most of it. It was cool to see everything in chronological order, but I still like the originals better. A review I found on the epic version put it best, stating that in the original Godfather II, by flashing back and forth to young Vito and young Mike, you get a contrast of Vito's rise to power and Mike's fall. That could be the difference. Also, as with most deleted scenes, you realize why they were deleted in the first place. Showing Vito killing the Sicilian mob boss's associates before killing him was overkill. The scene with the boat oar was almost comical. Anyhow, the epic version is still a must to see at least once for all Godfather fans. It's long. Feels like watching a mini-series.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea