Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Do Lastorino, Baratta, Zappola and Avellino have any roles to play in the current family structure?

Sal Avellino is retired by choice. The other three, well, not much choice about their current roles.

Baratta had a sit down with Crea over a table at Rao's and won.

Surely that means he has some influence.

Fifteen years ago, Moe. More than a lifetime in that world. Let's just say that Bowat's position has been greatly diminished.

I imagine what went down with Lastorino's son didn't do him any favors.

Nothing Lastorino did made him many allies (outside of the regime that ended up on the losing side). His son was just the cherry on the cake.

If this were thirty or so years ago, they'd all be lucky to be breathing, forget about shelved or demoted. A couple years back there were people in Camp Brooklyn predicting bloodshed and the war to end all mob wars. And I simply said, Never happen. I'm still waiting whistle.

Go ahead and call Amuso the official boss if you want. I'm not arguing that point anymore. In theory, it's fine. But in practice, when you see how the Bronx/Westchester regime is living compared to the old Brooklyn regime, you might just understand what I'm trying to say.

Moe --- When I say "you," it's directed at all of the guys who think Amuso's still the guy. It's not directed at you personally. And I don't want to derail the thread by going down the rabbit hole with my buddy Ivy.

So, I'll finally say, Hey, the Feebs say Amuso's the boss, so I won't argue. But it's only on paper or in theory. In practice, the Crea faction is shitting all over the old Amuso/Casso guys today. And to a true wiseguy, that's worse than getting whacked.

Okay, call it a two post "comeback." smile

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.