Originally Posted By: Turnbull
He also needed to keep track of Fredo, as in, "Fredo, where are you going?" "I'm gonna get me a real drink."

Yes TB, absolutely! If you watch Michael in all of those scenes in Havana with Fredo, Michael is constantly seeing what kind of reaction Fredo has whenever he asks him questions about his knowing Ola, about Roth's failure to kill him at his home in Tahoe, about Roth having him assassinated, etc. He constantly looks for signs, for reactions from Fredo, when making those references to Roth and Ola.

Which brings me to this question. I was watching the HBO Epic last night and thought of something in the scene where Michael gives Fredo the Kiss of Death.....Why in the world would Michael let on to Fredo that he knew it was him while they were still in Havana? Why give Fredo that kind of heads up? Why not keep it in, let Fredo leave the island with him, and then confront him when they arrived back in Nevada?

My only though is that although Michael suspected that it was Fredo, once Fredo confirmed Michael's fear that it was him, Michael was unable to control his emotions at that point.

Any thoughts?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.