Originally Posted By: thebigfella
@sinatra:interesting, so according to your theory where does this leave johny chang? And it actually makes since for all of the heavy hitters to have thier own crews with so many hands in the pot if its true, kind of auippa/chicago style

I don't know, that's what makes it interesting, to me anyway. If any of what was reported on is true, then I think the whole admin on some of these charts need rearranging.

I just have a question why so many seem to find it implausible that Ligambi & Merlino may have separate crews and not necessarily be in the same clique, so to speak. Ligambi is a lot older than these guys, it would make since that he simply may have his own circle of guys he likes to associate with, and Borgesi may be his link to the Merlino/Mazzone group, as well as all the others. Not to mention again, the Stefanelli tapes, where we find out that Ligambi opted to NOT make the guys Joey sponsored, and instead had those guys wait for Joey to come home. Ligambi was a Scarfo enforcer, while at the same time playing on the Gino's Cafe baseball team, and opts to lead a quieter life than that of Merlino and his circle. There's as much to support Ligambi & Merlino having their own groups, as there is as them belonging to the same one, which I don't think was ever an official word from law enforcement. I could be wrong though. And none of that is to say that Ligambi hates associating with Merlino and Co. or hates when they're around, just that outside of "family" functions and gatherings, both lead different lives, so to speak.

But in my opinion, I think there may be some truth to that part of the report.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/26/16 12:46 PM.