If I'm not mistaken, Schratweiser was aided by law enforcement when putting together this piece, and on more than once during the video he quotes acting law enforcement one of his source, as well as the usual Capeci & former prosecutor.

Not going to immediately write him off, but reliable Philly posters have been stating the faction thing as being a thing for about a year now. Another thing, at absolutely no point during the piece did Shratenweiser claim or actually give the impression that either of the "factions" were against each other, or were "on the outs", he simply described them as crews within the same organization. At least that's how it was implied to me. I didn't hear him give the slighest implication of "troubles" between said "factions", again I got the implication that he simply used the term faction, while describing the active crews. Which is another thing, we've heard from a handful of those same posters and various articles written by Scott, & Anastasia whom exactly were heading those "factions/crews", and outside of Ligambi, it's always been Mazzone, Pungitore & Narducci. What a lot of those same posters were off about was the mention of Ligambi having a crew of his own and still running things overall for Joey, instead of Mazzone. That's another thing I'm not going to immediately write off and actually see it for what it is. A possibility. The last evidence or "proofs" we have from law enforcement, is officially, Ligambi was the boss, that was after the two acquittals from the trial caused by the Stefanelli tapes. We heard through sources like Capeci and even Shratenweiser himself, that Ligambi planned on taking a backseat and semi-retiring. Yet as the surveillance during this piece showed, over time, that may have been proven to be wrong by those producting active investigations on these guys, because Ligambi sure is shown meeting with more than a couple noticeable's from a few of these "made lists" on this site and others.

Another reason why Ligambi & Mazzone/Merlino possibly might be separate crews, which is a theory I'm basing off of the Stefanelli tapes, is the fact that we know, as Licata is heard saying, that Ligambi denied making the three guys Merlino wanted made while he was in prison, because he didn't know them very well. Making those guys Merlino's responsibility. Merlino comes home and we hear that possibly those three guys were among those recently made. Perhaps, just perhaps, those three guys were then put under the Merlino/Mazzone crew. It's absolutely plausible that no Florida crew was mentioned, either because they aren't doing thing which is making them pop up on the radar for LE in Philly, or there simply isn't a Florida crew, and Joey is still keeping his business based in his old neighborhood, far from where he sleeps. Or perhaps this said "Florida crew" has to do with the active "investigation" Shratenweiser said the authorities were currently conducting on Merlino's.

Again, not saying Shratenweiser was 100% correct on everything, but what he's said, has been said on various forums, by various insiders for quite some time, the players were just off, and guys weren't considered as being players when they actually were. For instance, like Ligambi is shown more than once during this piece, conducting walk and talk meetings, Georgie Boy Borgesi was clearly shown in walk and talks and actual documented meetings, like the one at the real estate office which was mentioned by date during this piece. Yet again, various insiders(whether it was posters "in the know", our own journalists, or Anastasia) claimed he was on the outs and that guys left him to himself and left him alone to earn. Yet, we're shown here that the guy might actually be a bit of a player, and is shown meeting more than once with the same individuals who were supposedly shunning him. And the new hangout spot, which I believe was confirmed owned by Borgesi during the Philly piece (credits to Mulberry, because he was the first to mention Borgesi had a new clubhouse which was buzzing, even going as far to take pictures of the exact spot) is clearly a place that matters, as in more than a couple of the outside shots, we can clearly see some recognizable faces, and again, a lot of notables from those various made lists.

I wouldn't be surprised if an indictment does come down in which Ligambi is named as still being the acting boss, and Borgesi being the guy to see, like Uncle Joe's proxy for meets with the other guys. And that Mazzone may be underboss, after all.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/26/16 05:28 AM.