Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
I wonder if Nose nephew was even at this dinner if he wasn't that could say a lot about the state of the family

He wasn't. If we're talking about the Frank Salerno guy, his name wasn't mentioned once among those who were present. But someone also asked why Vinny TV wasn't there, I have no clue, one could argue that he too has little to do with current going on's with the Bonanno admin. But if anyone would guess who an "unofficial offical boss" would be, I'd place my bets on him. But we have yet to hear anything like that.

And sorry to bring this shit back up again, but I noticed on the first page, Ivy that you mentioned something about LE, Capeci & Daily News, all not being wrong, and members (assuming you meant me as one of them), pick and choose what they want to believe. Yet, you never take responsibility for you doing the same thing. Not once did you acknowledge the earlier Daily News article, which contradicts it's previous one, stating that the Bonannos were on the verge of a war because Mancuso backed Pallazolo against Cammarano, while Cammarano had the backing of the captains on the street, the article clear as day spoke of Mancuso & Cammarano not being allies, but on opposing sides. One would assume they also got this information from law enforcement, so wouldn't you also be "picking and choosing" by simply choosing to believe one Daily News article over the other? Not to mention the Asaro articles, that Daily News, Newsday, & Capeci had written about which stated Tommy DiFiore as the boss of the Bonannos and made no mention of Mancuso throughout it's entirety.

As far as Peter Gotti, you can argue semantics all you like, Capeci still labels him as the official boss of the Gambinos, yet you say thats a different situation because Capeci goes out of his way to say that that's only in name, while he doesn't do it for Mancuso....That seems like a strawman argument, to me.

Whether the Daily News contradicted itself or not, it ended up being confirmed by both Capeci and the detention memo that Mancuso is the boss. Like I said, when we had just the Daily News articles, you and others could be somewhat justified in your doubts. But there's no excuse for still arguing about this. In addition, going with more recent info that may correct what came before isn't necessarily picking and choosing. And from what I recall, nobody ever said DiFiore was official boss. They said he was acting boss.

Capeci still has Peter Gotti as the official boss because the feds do. And the feds still have him as official boss because he still holds the title, albeit in name only as Capeci pointed out. If the same applied to Mancuso or Amuso, why wouldn't Capeci also point that out? It stands to reason he would.

Nobody ever said that either Amuso or Mancuso had an iron lock on their families. On one hand, when DeFede was acting boss he got in trouble and had to answer to Amuso (then in prison) for the money he was (or wasn't) kicking up. More recently, when Amuso's wife died, he sent word that he wanted everybody at her wake. On the other hand, it was suggested by some in the family that Amuso step down. But as for now, he hasn't done that. One article said there was tension between Mancuso and Cammarano. Another said Cammarano became acting boss with Mancuso's approval.

Neither of these guys appear to have dictatorial control of their families - at least from prison. But they're not just powerless figureheads either. I think we all know that idea originated from the opinions of a couple board posters and those who take it as gospel cherry-pick the info that seems to support that theory.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.