This is an interesting debate, I got a few questions;
Why exactly can't you all be right at the same time? The argument, the key argument to me, seems to be if Mancuso has ANY power at all. It seems clear he has some power, also seems clear there are factions in the family that he has to respect and appease in order to keep his own power secure. What the fuck exactly is new about any of this? How is this situation, (minus Galante) any different from the Rastelli situation? Wasn't he official boss too? And didn't he have difficulty with the powerful factions in the family? Wasn't he in jail most of his reign, and dependent on the capabilities of the guys on the street loyal to him?
It seems clear to me, Mancuso HAS to have the backing of at least two of the families, it seems to be where a lot of his authority comes from. You kinda gotta ask yourself, WHY is Mancuso powerful, someone mentioned he had to have been made boss when he was still locked up. Maybe the other family bosses see that as an attractive situation. Any joint operations, or anything new, Mancuso couldn't be privy to because he's been inside, plus he doesn't talk, so maybe the other fams don't give a fuck if he killed his wife, maybe it's more important to them that they have a guy in that spot that just shuts his mouth first, everything else they are like, " Well, we can deal with it.."
This thing about him killing his wife, I gotta say, come on, guys done waaaaay worse shit than that that the mob has overlooked. The genovese despising him for that? The same fam that woulda made Granello,boss if Genovese said so? Same fam with, who was it? Trigger Mike that did abortions for fun or some shit?
I honestly think you guys just like to argue lol, any thoughts...