First, the title thing above presupposes that's all Mancuso is. Before, it was that he wasn't even the boss. Now, with the recent info, it's he has the title only. And what is that based on? Mainly the same thing it's been from the start - guesswork by few forum posters, who say there's no Bonanno power base left in the Bronx, so there's no way Mancuso is the boss. And it's snowballed from there to become gospel truth for the stubborn who insist on giving more credence to people they don't know online rather than the feds or proven journalists like Capeci.

Nobody is saying that Mancuso's hold on the family is complete. But that doesn't mean the feds, Capeci, and the Daily News are all wrong. And it doesn't give forum speculators license to pick and choose who THEY think the boss is.

And, yes, I do get tired of repeating myself. But as I said on the other board, if there aren't at least a few posters keeping things grounded in reality by deferring to the best sources and known facts, the bullshit gets high and deep real quick. I've seen it happen over and over again.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/22/16 05:53 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.