Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Vic Amuso isn't giving out orders to anyone. It's crazy how some actually believe this stuff. Where is the recent Lucchese indictments that has shown and stated that anyone on the street answers to Vic Amuso? There aren't any. The last indictment to come down, which mentioned Vic Amuso, was the Scarfo Jr/FirstPlus thing, which is why I said what I said. Both Amuso & Scarfo Sr were named as unindicted co-conspirators, because money was supposed to be going from Pellulo & Nicky Jr, to Amuso & Scarfo Sr. Does that mean Scarfo Sr is the boss of the Philadelphia mob because one guy, his son at that, is sending him cash? No. Because no other Philly indictments of the recent past, has named Scarfo as the boss. It's the same exact thing with Vic Amuso.

"Lawyers and plain old fashioned jail house tricks"...This isn't the 70s guy. Who are Amuso's lawyers? Do you have any names? Any appeals been tried lately by Amuso? I'll wait...

And the most recent Bonanno indictment, the Vincent Asaro/Lufthansa indictment, Mancuso was NEVER named as boss, it was Tommy DiFiore. Again, these are indictments, the very same thing you like to go by Ivy, because it's law enforcement. You're going to give the Daily News more credence than an actual indictment?

And Ralphie or whoever else can call on the internet speculation and all that, and be right on one end. Yet at the very same time refuse to acknowledge that guys like PB, which you even stated yourself Ivy, is arguably one of the two most reliable sources on NY Bonanno's. He's never given reason to doubt, and because you've agreed to disagree with him at one time, doesn't mean your opinion is actually the right one. There is a such thing as street knowledge, and PB has always put that forward and like I said, has never given any of us, throughout all his time posting to doubt him. Considering that, when a guy like him says Mancuso isn't the boss, and he gets no love from within his own family, I personally, have little reason to doubt it. That's just me. Especially when news articles tend to contradict themselves and state at one point that Cammarano was apart of an opposing side of Pallazolo & Mancuso, then says Cammarano is the boss and all of a sudden Mancuso okayed it. Then Capeci puts out an article stating that while Pallazolo was trying to move up, at the behest of Mancuso, Cammarano had aspirations of moving up as well, and when he says a war was on the verge of breaking out because Pallazolo who was backed by Mancuso and his nephew, didn't find it so easy to get guys to back them, because Cammarano was in the picture. And then he ultimately jumps to the conclusion that Cammarano is boss because Pallazolo is back in jail, and then all of a sudden once again, after earlier most likely having the will to kill the guy, Mancuso okayed Cammarano's position. Capeci contradicted himself multiple times in the article, and in the end, all it did was give out the impression that Mancuso has no actual say on the street, outside of relatives.

Like I said, the FBI said in fairly recent court testimony that Amuso is still the boss. Capeci went as far as to retract what he had said and reaffirm Amuso is still the boss. What more do you need? Gotti was never indicted again after he went to prison. Does that mean he wasn't the boss anymore?

With all due respect to PB on this, he's wrong about Mancuso. And so are the rest of you who are STILL too stubborn to admit it. It's no longer just the Daily News saying it. We also have Capeci and a federal detention memo saying the same thing - that Mancuso is official boss. And that's different from what was said about DiFiore - that he was only acting boss. Anyone who gives more credence to an Internet poster, no matter who it is, than Capeci and law enforcement is a fool.

And I figured that once it was further verified Mancuso is the boss, the song and dance would change with you guys and you'd say hes just boss in name only. Hard time appointing his acting boss? Persico had most of his family rebelling against him at one point. Was he no longer the boss?

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
How can vic amuso be calling shots when everything he say and do is being watched and recorded...he would be in a 23-1 quicker then you could blank

You could ask the same thing about Carmine Persico but I don't see anyone questioning if he's really still the boss.

Anyway, in his article today Capeci confirms that Mancuso is official boss, Cammarano is official underboss/acting street boss, and Rabito is consigliere.
the reason people probably believe persico is still firmly in control of the Colombos is because the majority of the family are related to him one way or another , that's why it's more plausible , can the same be said for amuso and mancuso ??? I say NO

I'm aware of that but the argument was how could Amuso still be giving orders when he's in prison. You could say the same thing about Persico, or Gigante and Gotti before they died, but nobody is questioning if they were the boss.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.