Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi

IVYS ISSUE,IS THE SAME ISSUE HE HAS WITH MOST OF THE BULLSHIT POSTERS ON THESE FORUMS,which is they refuse to listen to common sense and the fbi,which is the top agency in terms of experience fighting the mob over the last 50 years. No matter how many times the FBI TELLLS HIM THAT DETROIT IS ACTIVE. He refuses to admit it. It's as if he thinks JAck giacolone all of a sudden at the age of 60 went legitmaent. There's actual indictments of Detroit people over the last few years , it just doesn't make the papers. He doesn't realize that while the castellano era godfathers went away in the mid 80s the Detroit people went away in the mid 90s and that was it. In 1996 the Detroit family was said to include 30 made members and 200-300 associates. They also said they made a number of people in the mid 1990s and early 2000s. This was confirmed by the FBI.Did all these people go legit???? They all found God at once??? No one has gone to jail really since then or ever except for short amounts of time...............does that make sense to you???? It's not me saying it's the FBI?????

Louie, over the years on these forums you've posted a lot of crazy things but this may be the first time I've wondered if you were posting while drunk or high.

I refuse to listen to the FBI? Is that a joke? Who the hell listens to the feds on these boards more than I do?

And I've gone over this Detroit stuff ad nauseum. There are conflicting reports on Detroit, which is why I've always said it's fine if people want to count it among the viable families left. What isn't fine is them making the family to be larger, more active, more diversified, and more expansive than it is. Especially when they only have one source to go with that unrealistic view of the family (we know who that is.)

The last reported estimate I've seen was from a 2001 article that mentioned 30 members. That was about the same as mentioned during the GamTax case 5 years earlier.

Now, as I've pointed out many times, a lot of members have died over the 15 years since that article. And even if Scott's hearsay about some new ceremonies being held in the 2000's is true, there's little to no chance they've made anywhere near the amount of guys who have died.

I'm aware of what cases there have been in Detroit over the past 15 years. And what they show is a very small family who is mostly involved in bookmaking at this point. Some loansharking, of course, along with involvement in legit businesses members own. Claims about significant involvement in the drug trade or labor unions, or the family operating in multiple states, are hogwash.

So go ahead and include Detroit if it makes you feel better. Just don't make them out to be some kind of powerhouse that's found a way to evade the feds. Because that's a fantasy.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.