Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Well, the fact that the FBI had dramatically downsized it's resources against the mob should make you feel better. Also, let's not forget that, historically, many mob cases that have led to other charges, including more serious crimes, have begun as gambling investigations.

Solid point historically yes, but recently I dont see that being the case mainly as a statement on how the mob has declined in power and impact. Nowadays gambling cases are just that gambling cases. Not in every case and im sure u have some examples to the contrary but u have to admit of late there have been a decent amount of just gambling cases no?

Look I agree they cant leave them alone theyre criminals amd were all here bc this subject is fascinating I just think more and more resources including man power and more importantly money should be spent combating real evils in our society first and foremost. To me its clear we dont have unlimited money and cops so imo it makes fiscal and practical sense to target violent crimes, drug gangs, cyber crimes, and of course terrorism..just my 2 cents im sure other posters are sick of this silly debate on an otherwise interesting mob topic, my apologies im done

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"