Ivy

Ivy I just graduated and passed the bar but I do real estate/banking law..but u missed the point of what I said. First I admit didnt know it was part of a racketeering charge so that was my mistake. No where did I say gambling is not a crime or that as long as its illegal it has to be prosecuted but the point is the sentencing disparity for the actual crime is way off for an act that is becoming legal in more and more states each year. Its wasting time and resources just to further prosecutors careers based on oc gambling convictions. No ones saying to not be tuff on crime nor am I a fanboy I know these people Re criminals but there are different levels of crimes and the publics perception changes. Its not 1950 gambling isnt the social evil it was once thought to be just like marijuana isnt viewed how it once was. The govt by all means should go after these guys but id be more comfortable seeing my tax dollars going after them for infiltrating legitimate businesses or heroin trafficking than gambling. And I know ull say gambling is their bread and butter. True but those proceeds arent being used to run entire industries anymore times have changed. And to say that other criminal investigations are not hampered bc of the man power and resources being used to go after bookmakers is just flat out incorrect. The fact is theres only so many agents and officers and so much money for task forces. To say it wouldnt be better spent going after drug gangs/ cartels and violent offenders (u know what I mean by this and it aint a leg breaker collection agent) is to me naive. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion..didn't really appreciate the condescension or callin me a fanboy or so called lawyer ( tho im a new one, its not something any normal person would make up) and what not ..Ive always been respectful towards u and ur vastly superior oc knowledge

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 01/12/16 12:49 AM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"