Originally Posted By: BAM_233
I...can't believe it still..but, singer, songwriter, actor, etc. David Bowie has passed away at the age of 69 due to cancer...he just released a new album on his birthday this past friday..fuck cancer

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-bowie-dead-legendary-artist-854364

RIP

I just heard about it this morning and I'm shocked. uhwhat Evidently he's had cancer for about 18 months and family wanted to keep it under wraps. I heard on the radio this morning that he had a stroke earlier and that's when they discovered the cancer.

I did see a small clip of his upcoming album last week and thought he looked different but just assumed he looked older. For some reason it never occurred to me he was sick.

Anyway, I can't say I own all his music, but he surely was talented with his unique voice and in some cases different type sound/songs.

Off the top of my head, some favorites: Space Oddity, Young Americans, Let's Dance. I really did love he and Mick Jagger's Dancing in the Street. smile

RIP David Bowie

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/11/16 11:24 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon