This is a 7-page presentation by Nathan Thompson from 2009 about Policy Kingpin, Theodore "Teddy" Roe and his war against Outfit boss, Sam Giancana & The Caifano brothers. Which ultimately cost him his life, but only after he was diagnosed with an inoperable form of stomach cancer. Giancana later commented to some of his guys "Negroe or no Negroe. Teddy went out like a man. And it was a shame we had to kill him."

I find Roe and his story fascinating. From being half Italian for one. To raising up the money to pay the ransom of one Ed Jones, to essentially telling the Jones Bros to go fuck themselves and that the policy business they created is now his, as a form of compensation. To murdering Fat Lenny Caifano, after Caifano and his brother were actually sent to gun him down. Being denied bail 8 times for this crime, which in all actuality was an act of self defense. To finally winning his freedom after his lawyers, linked the prosecutors to the Outfit themselves. And managing to stay alive, until he effectively gave up after being diagnosed with cancer, and relieving his bodyguard detail, before being murdered a short while after. The guy seems like a true gangster. I have this book, Organized Crime In Chicago, Beyond The Outfit. And there's a picture of Roe in which he shares a strong resemblance to Vito Genovese. Of course there was no relation, I just thought it was interesting.