Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Ivy aren't you religious?

I just find your statements completely contrary to those preached by Christianity based on forgiveness, Turing the other cheek etc.

Cognitive Dissonance at its best.

And for what it's worth I do like and respect you Ivy. Just a conversation.

People have attempted this talking point before with me and it doesn't work.

First, it shows a blatant misunderstanding of Christianity and how the Atonement of Christ works. Second, going by that logic, we may as well do away with all courts, jails, prisons, and everything else to do with the judicial system and corrections. Applying your misunderstanding of Christianity would mean that criminals are automatically forgiven on the spot. Of course that's not what Christ or the Atonement is about. Mercy cannot rob justice. And Christ's sacrifice makes no intercession for the unrepentant.

Originally Posted By: Vknicks
Ivy ,who was murdered again in that last case? in fact have either of the pernas kids every been accused or rumored to have anything to do with a murder? NYPD killed more innocents in 2015 then the lucchese family did which i believe the number is 0

Nobody did in that case. But they are part of a criminal organization that does engage in murder, as well as a host of other crimes. And you know what's the bread and butter of these mob families? Gambling. You either comprehend the concept of RICO or you dont.

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Ivy, you really want more prisons? Are you fucking kidding? We have the largest incarcerated population in the world. Just insane to want more prisons and more of your tax dollars to go into that bullshit system. You realize it is a corrupt machine, right?

Also, give me a break with the hard labor. Just a great idea. Let's create more prisons, lock more people up, and convert them to slaves.

You need to go back to the 19th century. This country has a problem. Deterrence doesn't work. Crime is endless. Regardless, prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation. Not making people slaves and punishing them, especially for non violent crimes.

You can't say "deterrence doesn't work" when there's never been sufficient teeth in our laws to actually deter criminals. It's like the idiots who say it's pointless to fight the war on drugs when we really haven't fought it in the right way.

Furthermore, prisoners doing hard labor wouldn't be "slaves." Upon conviction, and until they serve their sentence, certain rights are suspended. And them doing hard labor is more just than them sitting around, bullshitting, watching TV, playing cards, and lifting weights.

Finally, yes crime will always be with us in a fallen world. But a real justice system would do much to minimize it as much as possible.

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Ivy,

Aren't you Mormon? Your state of Utah is like one big fucked up cult....

Very original and we'll thought out response. rolleyes

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I don't believe Ivy can be reasoned with, Vknicks.

He cant.

He got kicked off another site for life for doing the same thing over and over.

Listen, I realize you've always been a little butt hurt because I don't buy into the fantasy some perpetuate about the Detroit mob on these forums. But that doesn't give you license to rewrite history. I don't think you were even on the RD forum at that time and the reason I was given the boot had nothing to do with anything here. And, for the record, several long time posters besides myself were also banned for little or no reason. So you're not going to get any mileage on that here.

Ivy Idk bout all the other rd shit and I think you make good points and clearly know more bout mob stuff than I do but I totally disagree with your statements on punishing these guyys so harshly for gambling offenses. You have to take into account the disproportion of the actual crime they were convicted of and the sentence imposed. With no violence theres no way these guys should be doing more than 2 years just for gambling.

And your argument that we know theyre part of a criminal organization is immaterial to the case. If the state wanted to charge them with racketeering offenses then fine but sinxe I don't believe they were u can only go off of the facts and the charges in the present case. Trust me as a lawyer this is how the systen works. As much as you or anyone else believes that the book should be thrown at a bunch of mobbed up bookies the reality is our system does not have the resources to do this to every offender and I dont believe that they should. The cj system has to go after all criminals of course but they have to pay more attention and drop the hammer on people that are really damaging society. And im sorry but john and joey pernas bookmaking operations are not it

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 01/10/16 04:23 PM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"