Ok, I'm not an Obama supporter but i also consider myself logical.
What the fuck is wrong with forcing those at gun shows or those selling over the internet to perform a back ground check? Tell me how that would prevent you from defending yourself from a home invasion?
Tell me why there was a loop hole in current gun laws that would force gun sellers to report lost or stolen guns in transit ( guns being shipped) within 48 hours to the ATF ? Its now mandatory but tell me how that hurts our second amendment right?
These expansions of current laws make total sense and do not effect our second amendment. Will they stop a terrorist attack? Maybe not. But it will be harder for your typical street thug to procure a gun. Less guns would be in the country's most dangerous cities. Thats a good thing and its good for thise that live in those cities.
One thing that is not included in the new bill ( i dont think it is), is requiring all INDIVIDUALS who own guns to report the theft or loss of a gun to the po,ice ir ATF within 48 hours. The new bill will force gun sellers to do that but not gun owners. Most states dont have this important aspect of gun control as law. Here is why it should be included. An underground gun dealer in south carolina for example can stock up on guns and bring them to new york or chicago and sell them on the street. If the guns are used in a crime and traced back, the original owner can claim ignorance( " my guns must of been stolen, i never knew "). Thats absurd and makes no sense. Why should a deadly weapon that is stolen not have to be reported. New jersey and new york enforce it but big fuckin deal!!! Most criminal gun dealers buy their guns from states with lax reporting laws such as south carolina, not jersey or NYC.
Again, how does that effect our rights?
If you get surgery and need pain meds, you need a prescription. If that prescription gets stolen you know its going to be tough to get another script...there is also a data base that tracks how many controlled substances an individual gets filled within a certain time.
Why not do that with guns?
Again, how will these logical laws effect you from hunting, protecting your home, target practice, or collecting guns? It wont.
Im a republican but these current gun laws are fuckin dumb and i agree with what Obama did since no one else put forth the effort.
Again i reiterate, it may not stop a mass shootings, although he did enact mental health legislation, but it will make it tougher for your average home invasion street thug to get a gun. Less gang bangers with guns is better for everyone.
Lastly, maybe Obama used terrorism as an excuse for this legislation or even politics, but who fuckin cares, it makes sense.

Last edited by Belmont; 01/10/16 01:07 PM.