Originally Posted By: Ciment
I believe you and SinatraClub may be both right. From my past readings on the subject matter. There were newspaper articles citing that Montreal had a Capo that reported to the U.S.A LCN and this capo had several leutenants reporting to him. This relationship came to an end when Gerando Sciascia got killed by the LCN.This will validate your point. I also find that SinatraClub made a very good comparison of the relationship between the Montreal Sicilian Clan and the Sicilian Clan from Italy. I find the Montreal Sicilian clan always considered themselves to be a separate family but are more closely intertwined with Italy. Whereby Montreal Sicilian Clan and LCN is more a marriage of conveience. I think of it more as a trianglular love affair.

Nah, he has his time line backwards. Montreal started as LCN and slowly moved away once the Rizzutos had supplanted the old Cotroni/Violi faction - They are not separate organizations. They are factions within the same organization. The most widely believed theory is that they cut off all allegiance to the bonannos after Vito's guy in NYC, Gerlando Sciascia was whacked in 1999. And if the Sciascia hit didn't end the relationship, then Joseph Massino flipping probably did. Nobody is suggesting they don't do business with them period, but it's clear they no longer kick up to the Bonannos. Why would they? There's no logical reason for them to remain subservient.

If there is an 'Ndrangheta presence in Montreal, this is the first I have ever heard of it. But it seems to me Pecca here is confusing the 'Ndrangheta with the sicilian mafia... which should be self evident he has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited by slumpy; 01/08/16 07:52 PM.