My wife and I went to Vegas to celebrate my birthday (we went a few days early to avoid the New Years crowd). We stayed in downtown Vegas, near Fremont (I prefer the downtown area to the Strip).

The hotel we stayed at was right across the street from the Mob Museum, so of course I had to go! Definitely worth the price of admission for anyone interested in mob history (and who isn't on this site?!). Chances are you won't learn anything new, but there are a lot of really cool displays and artifacts (Gotti's white suit, the St. Valentine's Day Massacre wall, among others). My favorite exhibit was the courtroom in which the Vegas portion of the Kefauver hearings were held. There are ghosts in that room, for sure.

The only downside is that it is always crowded. It's hard to admire some of the stuff on display when there are so many people around. Still, well worth it. I'll definitely be going back.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis