Originally Posted By: trophydave
luppinos/violis are same family by marriage. fall under the umbrella and control of Ontario clans.
musitanos had close relationship with verducci, which might explain their house being firebombed?
when u consider verducci represented the colluccio clan who are allegedly at war with the fiolomeni clans here in Toronto.
there is still a lot we don't know.

most of the articles out there always blame the Montreal Toronto angle, especially when calutti and verducci got killed. but both these hits could have been internal disputes, using the montreal angle to the plotters advantage. meaning it would automatically, seem like these hits were revenge from rizzutto.

if we are to believe rizzutto was as crafty and smart as they say he was. no way he would of ordered a hit on calutti in woodbridge 2min away from a cop station, no matter how vengeful he was at the time. it was said at the time that verducci was killed b/c he was trying to take over territory in Vaughan that montreal had controlled. its more likely verducci was trying to take over calutti's gambling territory after he was killed. reports are verducci was allegedly plotted against by the filomeni;s. which might make a good case that sam worked for the filomeni clans and two others. (demaria, commisso)
point being I would not read too much into the articles.

I think u are seeing chaos in the Toronto ranks as 2 of the big bosses are no longer on the streets: demaria in jail, abrruzze deported.

The reality of it is, it's all theories. You say you wouldn't put too much into articles, yet you're basing your theory as more correct, based on a report, the same thing you just said not to read too much into...I don't understand that.

Its been said Rizzuto wasn't the same man he was coming home as he was going away. He was driven by vengeance, not business and being methodical. Look at Ducarme Joseph, one of the last victims. His own people claimed he wasn't involved with Nicks murder, yet according to Adrian Humphrey's almost every Mafia soldier in Montreal did. Not only that but he was almost undoubtedly in collusion with Montagna as it was his soldiers picking up the extortion tabs for Montagna. Joseph was done in, in a way that wasn't common with Vito and his usual ways, he was murdered in broad daylight, much like Nick Jr. Was penetrated with machine gun fire and his lieutenant and store manager was also hit. It didn't fit the pattern of Vito Rizzuto & Montreal Mafiosi, yet, they're the prime suspect in his murder.

For what it's worth, I think Verduci's murder was the first shot in a friction between the Coluccio & Figliomeni clans. This theory is supported by wiretaps from Italy, and reports from Adrian Humphrey's. Things kicked up between those two clans only after Verduci was hit. Because of this, and the fact that Calautti is among the main suspects in the murder of Nicolo Rizzuto & Agostino [BadWord], I still believe Calautti was hit by Rizzuto loyalists.

Again, like I said, it's all theory.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/01/16 03:36 PM.