Thank you everyone for sharing with me what you think and for every info as well. Would really like to hear more from you all about your ideas. During these last few years I've grown quite bitter with the weak third film that it is. I guess I was just so positively affected with the final scenes of the film that I didn't see its apparent flaws. But the even bigger issue is that it simply doesn't feel like a Godfather film, then again FFC didn't really intend for it to be that. I don't understand how they could let this happen, and I blame mostly Paramount for this freakin' disaster!

The idea of an alternate universe sounds very interesting. I wish there was a way they could redo Part III with that original storyline before it is too late, and I would also love to see a prequel made. I really think a film with Pacino and Duvall, and a prequel needs to happen. I would be very happy seeing a tv series depicting the years before Part I as mentioned earlier in here. I really don't want them to make a continuation to Part III becuase I consider it an extremely good ending.

I also can't figure out why Paramount has no interest in making a fourth film.