But we already know the Rizzutos are not exactly traditional. How much of that precedent applies? The only right answer is that we don't know. That is all i am arguing. You are attributing an opinion to me i did not express and have only suggested as a possibility.

I much prefer the idea of them being a traditional LCN outfit.. but i don't think they are out of necessity. Its not like montreal is bursting with ethnic italians. No disrespect intended, man. I just think your hard line attitude on this one is misplaced. Fernandez may well be full of shit. I don't know and neither do you.

Like I said I like the traditional idea of the mafia, that is what I come here to learn about, it's the group I read books about, watch movies about. I'm fascinated by its exclusivity, it's ceremonies, traditions and symbolism. You mistake my disagreeing with your dismissal with support of the counter argument, but it's not. If I had to bet money, I would bet on you being right, as you usually are. I just don't think there is enough information to make a concrete judgement.

Originally Posted By: mike89
I don't think they do the saint burning gear to be fair....just a guess.....has anyone EVER been confirmed as a made member of the rizzuto LCN....Gone through the ritual etc....its just a bunch of italians selling gear as far as I'm concerned

You're especially just that if you don't even have the mystery of the mafia's ritualistic traditions. Almost all criminal gangs manufacture some form of "higher purpose" bond usually based around the Spock theory of the group essentially being more important than the individual and therefore the individual must sacrifice for the group's "greater good" and those that do just that are propped up as examples to be followed, celebrated as 'heroes'.

i.e. "he's a stand up guy" because he did his time without ratting on his pals.

Last edited by slumpy; 12/18/15 07:25 PM.