You could be right about the UN but U2 spy planes confirmed they were either gone or in the process.

What we didn't know during the Cuban missle crisis is that Russia already had 40 battlefield nukes aimed at cities on the east coast ( we found out afterwards ) and once we invaded Cuba ( we were actually about 24 hours away ) all those nukes would have been launched ( that was the order ) so it would have been a nuclear war . That's how close we came , literally hours away from the unspeakable .

You could be right about RFK , I really don't know for sure but JFK really believed the seven days in May book ( military coup ) and actually pushed for the movie to have scenes on the White House.

I personally think RFK was telling the truth as it was such a serious situation , where his feared miscalculation could lead to a nuclear war was nearing , but I have no proof of that .

On October 3 1963 the below article was written by one of JFK friends, Arthur Krock of the NY times and speculation was he or RFK were the source for the article and I would venture to say the "very high official " came from the White House with JFKs approval . Anyway the article is very chilling , especially because in approx 6 weeks in actually happened . I believe JFK knew he was a dead man but that's just my opinion i formed after a lot of reading . A great documentary about this time is called JFK A President Betrayed narrated by Morgan Freeman in 2013 . The title is deceiving as it has nothing directly to do with the assassination but rather how his policies received significant pushback or outright disobeying by certain govt dept , especially State Dept , CIA and military . The beef started with the Bay of Pigs and it just escalated from there to the point where I think the plotters thought they doing what was right for America at the time .

October 3, 1963 - Arthur Krock - NY Times

“The C.I.A.’s growth was ‘likened to a malignancy’ which the ‘very high official was not sure even the White House could control … any longer.’ ‘If the United States ever experiences [a coup to overthrow the government] it will come from the C.I.A. and not the Pentagon.’ The agency ‘represents a tremendous power and total unaccountability to anyone.'”