Originally Posted By: DB
Yeah Alfa great point

I love history , intelligence and power so naturally this case interested me as its so complex, it was just a brilliant operation to put it bluntly and sadly

If you want a great book on the CIA and specifically Bill Harvey and Jesus James Angelton read " the wilderness of mirrors " it's the best book out there for top CIA operatives , written by the son of a big CIA agent and tells a lot about some our our intelligence operations and both of these guys were some serious serious men .

The crime is solvable , the AARB document dump has many of the clues and also is a great lesson in real history . Whoever impersonated LHO in Mexico City were the planners for sure , the CIA and David Atlee Phillips in particular lied to the HSCA that these tapes were routinely destroyed 3 weeks after being taped but after the AARB declassified WC documents , we know WC staff listened to the tape 9 months later . The WC totally sidestepped Mexico City so that's a clue right there that some hanky panky was going on

JFK the Unspeakable is another great book, highly recommend

The case interested me after listening to the Cuban Missle Crisis tapes and reading some books . It's pretty clear if JFK wasn't president , NYC DC and Miami would of seen up to 40 nuclear battlefield nukes unleashed on them . It's a miracle it didn't happen. In those tapes RFK tells the Russian ambassador straight up if Khrushchev doesn't start backtracking Their would be a military coup within a day of JFK . That was the beginning of the end , he knew he was dead , in fact he said so that morning , got to give the man credit for having some balls and doing the right thing even though he marked himself for death . He was too be killed in Chicago and Miami weeks before so he knew .

I agree about the disinformation part but the CIA just admitted they had a benign coverup over their relationship with LHO which is truly ground breaking , if they came clean back then the investigation would have went in a lot of different places . I don't think they leak that info unless there is more to the story , that's how they work , they admit nothing , that's their policy unless they are forced to and then they admit a little and try and control the direction which is what we have. LHO was crawling with intelligence agents or assets all over him every which way from Japan to Russia to New Orleans to Mexico City and then to Dallas .

Anyway JFK presidency was one the most interesting parts of US history covering Vietnam , Laos , Cuba, Nuclear War , Russia , just an insane time and I'm the type that likes to know the real story , hence my interest

Can you expand on the bold section regarding the missile crisis? Not sure I follow. So JFK avoided nuclear war so he was killed? I think I'm reading it wrong lol. I totally agree with you, this period was absolutely fascinating. Keep up the great work, DB.