Originally Posted By: K1NG6
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
John Ciancaglini was one of the last guys inducted by Scarfo, while I could be off on that, I'm 90% certain of that to be the case.

I've posted this before - and I could be wrong as well - but I'm nearly certain that Johnny Chang was inducted by Merlino once he came home from prison in 1995, not by Scarfo. According to the Pennsylvania Crime Commission, there were 42 guys inducted by Testa/Scarfo/Piccolo from the time Testa took over in April 1980 until the last making ceremony conducted by Piccolo in 1990 (which was recorded by George Fresolone).

I uploaded a screenshot of those 42 names:

Obviously the list was put together with the help of cooperating witnesses, ie. Caramandi, DelGiorno, Merlino, and Leonetti. There was also a newspaper article that I've posted before from when Johnny Chang was coming home from prison in 1995 and the reporter contemplated which faction of the splintered crime family he would return to. He was named as a "mob associate" in this article.

http://articles.philly.com/1995-01-06/news/25712825_1_john-stanfa-joseph-skinny-joey-merlino-mob

Good find, my man. I am proven wrong. And now that I think about it, I think he may have been made by Natale exactly, I think I recall reading that somewhere. I think. Not too sure on that.

Recent Gangland article by George Anastasia/Jerry Capeci, titled "Who's The Big Joe?" goes into the current boss situation and what I was saying about Chickie Chang on the first page. The article itself specifically states "..Joseph "Chickie" Ciancaglini, after doing a 25-year bit for racketeering, who says he's enjoying his freedom and is not interested in the old life". Like I said, Chickie is fine where he's at. They also confirm Scotts articles on Philly, and are essentially saying the same things he's said months ago in regards to Borgesi & Angelina and Borgesi making noise.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/16/15 03:01 PM.