Originally Posted By: Turnbull

1. Did Roth engineer the cop’s entry into the bar, thwarting Frankie Pentangeli’s assassination? (This thread gets the Lifetime Achievement Award.)
2. Who killed the Tahoe shooters?
3. Did Connie really think that Fredo drowned?
4. Who is the “ghost lady” at Vito’s burial?
5. Was Michael wrong to kill Fredo?
6. Would Sonny have made a better Don than Michael?
7. If Clemenza (rather than Pentangeli) had been in GFII, would he have betrayed Michael?
8. Why didn’t Robert Duvall appear in GFIII?
9. Who was a better Don: Vito or Michael?
10. Which Don was the old guy who sang at Connie’s wedding?

Since it's pinned now:

1. Yes. I don't see how they could get Frankie from the bar to a hospital or precinct to the Feds without leaving some kind of footprint that Frankie was alive, unless it was engineered and the people all along the chain were expecting Frankie.

2. Most likely candidate is Rocco, as part of a betrayal plot for which he was eventually punished with the hit on Roth. Dark horse candidate is Bussetta.

3. No. Connie was on to Michael from the start ("Read the papers!").

4. Mama, though I wish it were Apollonia's ghost.

5. Yes. Michael could have put Fredo in a mental institution and no one would have questioned him.

6. Sonny. If he had avoided the tollbooth, counseled by Tom and Vito Sonny would have developed into a formidable don.

7. I think so. Castellano would have wanted a meaty part - what else is there but betrayal?

8. Money.

9. Vito, although the book Michael at least takes some notice of the personal touch that movie Michael does not.

10. I don't think he's a don. I think he's the same old guy singing a dirty song who turns up at every Italian wedding.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."