Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

ivy you have forgotten about the D`anna brothers who got indicted in 2011 for that restaurant assault and there was in 2013 guys with ties to peter tocco busted the leading guy a irsih guy in the indictment was also indicted with jackie the kid and peter tocco in 2006

No, I haven't forgotten about the D'Anna brothers case. But if you want to argue that was a significant bust, that will just prove my point about the state of the Detroit mob.

I'm also aware of the bookmaking bust involving Thomas "Tommy the Lackey" Mackey and several others. It was your typical gambling case and didn't even involve any Detroit members, just associates. But that does go to my point about the family mainly being a gambling operation at this point.

Quote:
alot of rich guys tony lapiana sold his medical company for 50mil last year
but your right is years past its best no union involvement

Notice I didn't say "no involvement." And I had a feeling someone was going to come back and be like, "Wait...wait...what about Lapiana???" Yes, the guy made a lot of money from selling his company that serviced unions. And I have no doubt he kicked some of that money up to certain people. But look at the Detroit family as a whole and the lack of labor racketeering cases. There just isn't much left to speak of.

Quote:
50 made guys? where have you heard that? i heard it was like 20-30 active made guys. Your all forgetting that the family has been nothing more than a bookmaking operation since the 90s

You know Scott - the guy who runs the blog you took your name after? His charts on the forums over the years have shown anywhere from 30 to nearly 60 made members. Only later did he admit he didn't differentiate between members and associates in them, even though one would think he would. But he has said he believes the family has 40 to 50 members. Never mind the fact that he cited 25 in his Motor City Mafia book.

20-30 active members? Doubtful. If we're talking total members, maybe. But even that may be a stretch considering how many have died. It was 30 total back in 2001. A lot of guys have died since then and there's no way the family could keep up with the number of deceased if they even are making new members.

from what i have read of scott i have not seen him say 40-60 made guys before not once not denying it but i would be surprised as i have never seen that

i said 25 because of his book motor city

i dont think its an exaggeration scott has named four capos well even if there crews are small they would have 3-6 made guys in there crews and the detroit mob is scotts expertise

plus in recent articles he has even said that the mob is weakening he said the ruggerio brothers crew is now inactive he said in another that the inner circle is getting smaller due to lack of guys

That last chart that came from scott that got circulated, i think its been like a year or two, there was upwards of 50 members on it, there was almost 10 guys in the administration alone for Christ's sake. Im also dubious of these Danna brothers, i mean they were indicted as associates originally more was made of their sicilian connections than their detroit status. Then when the feds took over the case they were still described as associates. Now just a year or so later scott says theyre both made guys and ones even a captain. Obviously i dont know the truth but as i said, its a little dubious.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort