Originally Posted By: ONTHEFLY
I agree with PB, Patsy was one tough cookie. Buster was another tough guy. And I am not sure how old PB is but I'm an 80's baby so he may have more knowledge on the golden days of The Bronx than myself although I have been around some very serious guys in my lifetime.

I do not mean to constantly mention his name but since you asked, I will give you my opinion now that he is gone and I choose to only speak on my own personal experiences therefore I have to say that Wahoo was as tough of a guy that I have ever come across.

I'm 56, ONF. I grew up at 187th and Hoffman, and we now split our time between Throggs Neck and Delray Beach, Florida. So my feet are still in the neighborhood quite a bit.

No argument on Wahoo. A tough guy and a gentleman both. I don't know if you remember T.V. Sharp bookmaker. His office was following the Kosher Kids and he was laying off into the Islands long before the fucking Internet. Well, either Jamesy or Artie made a 20k mistake in my favor during baseball season one year. Baseball's slow season. Not even a moron makes a mistake like that during the fucking summer when you're just happy to break even.

This was like 25 years ago. I was already in my early 30's, and I took it like they were testing me. I went to the place on Morris Park Avenue. Il G******* and I blew my top. It could've turned into something but it didn't.

Anyway, Wahoo had a longtime friendship with my friend (even though we were from across the street). He told me I was right for being upset. But that neither he nor T.V. were aware of it. And that I'd be within my rights to keep it. I declined. He smiled, gave me a bear hug that I can still feel when it's damp, and gave me the usual "If you ever need anything...."

I never cashed in on that favor. I had my own friends anyway. But that man showed me A LOT that night.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.