I'm going to ask JG about this. Interesting stuff, thanks for posting it.

From what I understand though, having spoken to people who knew Alite, and actually grew up with him-- about all that Albanian stuff-- back in the 80s he used to actually tell people that he was part-Italian, on his mother's side, to fit in. But, this long-running lie was exposed by Joe O'Kane in 1991, just before Alite was chased by JG.

Can you provide a time period on Alite's misadventures in The Bronx? Narrow down the date at all?

JG (and others) have told me that in 2003 just before Alite went "on the run" he showed up on property owned by JG where a tire shop was housed, looking for Johnny Ruggiero. Apparently Alite heard that the Gambinos were having problems with the Albanians in The Bronx, the Rudaj people, and Alite was trying to set a meeting with Ruggiero to discuss it.

NOTE-- this is the time period that Alite claims the Gottis/Gambinos wanted to kill him, part of the reason he says he went "on the run".

So, apparently, Alite showed up at this tire shop-- and again, this is backed by multiple parties, not just JG, who was in prison at the time-- looking to meet with Ruggiero. Who was not there, so, Alite passed a message to him through a third party who was that Alite could be of assistance with the Albanian "problem" and for Ruggiero to tell the alleged acting boss who Ruggiero was friends with, Arnold Squitieri, that Alite's cousin knew the Rudaj people and Alite was offering to find information on them, like, where they hung out, who their girlfriends were, etc, so, the Gambinos could kill them. Alite was trying to get back in their good graces, willing to be their spy.
Basically an informant against his beloved Albanians who he claims he is so loyal to.

But, his offer was quickly rebuffed by Ruggiero who did not trust him as by that point the Gambinos believed Alite was a longtime informant and wanted nothing to do with him.

This is also backed up by prison tapes made at Ray Brook in 2003 where JG is told that Alite was on his property and JG says he hasn't seen this Alite since 1991 and says not to let Alite anywhere near his property. Excerpts from this conversation, transcribed by the FBI are in JG's book.

From what I am told when Ruggiero rebuffed him, Alite then tried to approach Richard Gotti with the same offer but he didn't want anything to do with Alite either.

Again, this is Alite appearing at a tire shop where he believed friends of JG hung out, which, he most likely would not have done if he really believed they wanted to kill him. He would not have been trying to set meetings with them.

But again can you provide a time period when Alite was allegedly at these places? I would like to look into it. Also Alite was in prison between 96-99, during which the Scores indictment took place, so, what time period do you mean by "prior to Scores"?

If you can tell me where your info comes from (court documents, first hand, etc) I would like to know, even if in private message or email. Not trying to be aggressive or belligerent, just curious.

Also-- during the 2009 Gotti trial Alite testified under direct that he discussed the Albanian problem with Richard Gotti Sr., when Alite was trying to get transferred to the Lucchese group. He said he was trying to switch families but the Gottis wouldn't let him, part of the reason being that they had an Albanian problem and they thought Alite could be helpful with it. Alite said all this happened between 2000-2001, however, that Gotti had a sit down with Joe Defede over him during this time. That Defede, the former acting Lucchese boss wanted Alite to switch over to his people.

But this lie was exposed (the next day, I think) under cross by Charles Carnesi when he pointed out that Defede was in prison between 98-02 so the meeting could not have happened, especially since Defede went into Witness Protection in 02 before he was released.
Defede I think then actually testified against Richard Gotti in early 2003. Something Alite would have known if he really was the big shot he claims he was. But, not only was this meeting not possible, when Carnesi asked Alite if he even knew that Defede was in prison he said no, he thought he was in "the hospital".

I have read the transcripts and can provide the exact pages on this part of his testimony. His lies are so crazy.
Anastasia, surprisingly though, who claims to have read the same transcripts and says that they are why he believes John Alite's story is truthful, Anastasia didn't include this Defede nonsense in his book. He washed over it on page 198 with some cover-up, that he wanted to get transferred but the Gottis wouldn't release him so he tried to make the best of a bad situation and started using Ronnie Trucchio and Charles Carneglia as buffers with JG.

I do believe that he had some kind of secret relationship with Trucchio, though. Trucchio actually made Alite godfather to his daughter (which Alite never mentions) and from what I'm told he had a soft spot for Alite and used to talk to him on the sneak when he wasn't supposed to. Would secretly help him with problems if and when he could and Alite was full of them.

Part of the reason Trucchio got caught up in that Tampa indictment, which, from the evidence I've seen, he really had nothing to do with what was going on down there and got screwed over and caught a life sentence just because he would talk to Alite when he wasn't supposed to. The rats down there testified that Alite reported to Trucchio in New York. And Trucchio got life for it. On top of that he's also doing 20 years from a separate case.

Yet Alite has the gall to call Trucchio a rat. To say that Trucchio ratted him out. He's despicable. If either Trucchio or JG ratted Alite out he would have never have been released. He'd be the one doing life instead.