Alite got chased in 1991?

Then you better ask Junior why Alite was around Zef to help straighten things out whenever there was a problem with the Albanians in the Bronx. Especially after that kid got killed on Arthur Avenue. He was at Cafe Dion on Morris Park and Bronxdale with Zef all the time. That place is long gone now. But it was an Albanian place that played Italian music and catered to a mostly Italian crowd back then. Wahoo had a place just up the block. And prior to Scores, Alite was hanging out at Craig and Willie's strip joint on Boston and Conner whenever he was in the Bronx. Those were both post 1991, by the way. Maybe he and Junior fell out by then. But Alite was still running errands for at least SOME of the Gambinos post 1991. Fact.

I have no beef with you, buddy. I understand your position. And I wouldn't piss on John Alite to put out a fire. He's the scum of the earth, and when he was active he was a fucking nobody. His claim about being sent to retire Old Man Joe in Astoria was so ridiculous that it was worth the price of the book just for the comedy. I'm just saying, I can see that you're an educated white collar friend of the Gottis. And that's fine. But there are clearly things that you don't know. And that stuff may sell to people who've never laid eyes on a wiseguy in their lives. But not to people who grew up in that environment and knew some of the guys from that era. I'm older than both Junior and Alite by a few years. And I'm not even a Queens guy. I'm a Bronx guy with East Harlem roots, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I just try to keep things objective.

All that said, I wish Junior luck. I agree with Belmont that he's the lesser of two evils. I hope he sticks to his original plan and heads to Ocala. New York isn't the same anymore. He's in his fifties now. He should take his money and go live the quiet life. It's hard to believe. But he's now older than his father was when they pulled him out of the Ravenite for the last time. He should bear that in mind, count his blessings, and go enjoy the years that his father lost out on.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.