It was really just New York arrogance, and aloofness, if they were serious about maintaining Montreal, they shoulda had Their own man up there like Vito had his in NewYork..
What do you guys think about that Gambino arrest with Lupoi? Are the Bonnanos fronting for the Gambinos, with the Gambinos securing the loads, the Bonnanos taking the heat for both the Gambinos and Canada?
What I've been wondering for the longest is, was that bust a continuation of the Old Bridge operation, where they were basically trying to "reactivate" the Sicilian mob, or did they go where the money goes and do business with the Calabrians?
Like the calabrians had direct ties to Colombia, but they have been usurped by the Mexicans. So how does this all work exactly?
Is it that the Mexicans are trying to move into New York, but can't make inroads with the Dominicans there? Soooo, they form a relationship with the mob to ship Coke outta the country. Here is what I don't get, they have been getting Coke from South America and sending it to Spain, West Africa, that big port in Calabria, what ever one is friendly at the moment,so why do they now need to ship it through New York?
It could be that whatever route they were using has been compromised, so they need a reliable partner in the states to facilitate the deal. This is why I keep asking the question, did Cali replace Rizzuto in the great scheme of Italian American Narcotics trafficking?
He has the pedigree, the stature, the front (his food companies) connections, family ties, ect... Where does the Queens/Calabrian/Genovese thing fit in?
It's like they are making New York, Thier Montreal, a transshipment point for their Coke going out the country....
Any thought on any of this?