Originally Posted By: pmac
There a good times article about how the feds have been loosing more mafia cases now then before and they forgot a few more the genovese guy romenello and check from mass that beat to murders and the Colombo guy faresse. They touch on Joe eagerly and Tommy shot and a few others. They get alot of lawyers thoughts. Bad looking giving Valenti a FBI pension basiclay. Guy been a crook his whole life and they throw him a bone. And asaro never mention shit on tape he just grunts or agreas with his cousin but never says anything to incriminating.

It all works out in the end, pmac. These things run in streaks. The Feds have been batting over .900 at trial for two hundred years, and it will never change. They stack the fucking deck in their favor and they win.

Take it from a guy who had to watch countless friends and family members denied everything from bail, to the federal infirmary, to a speedy trial, to being outright fucking railroaded. I'm not a mob apologist. I wouldn't piss on the current crop of street guys to put out a fire. But the government doesn't play fair, either.

If Asaro wasn't so irrelevant and the charges weren't so ancient, they would have found a way to beat him, too.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.