Don't forget those New York Times articles on Marco Rubio's parking tickets. Four tickets over 17 years in Florida. Yeah, that was a major news story worthy of publication in the supposed "newspaper of record." It's these kinds of petty-ass stories that the left-wing media likes to use to go after GOP politicians. How about the story on Mitt Romney's dog in a cage on top of the car when they were traveling in the 1970s? I remember people doing that and it was no big deal, yet he was denounced as being supposedly cruel to animals. Then they went after him for a single bullying incident in high school. Funny that I don't recall the media ever looking into Bill Clinton's or Al Gore's or Obama's high school past for bullying incidents.
They do this because they want to make them seem mean and unlikable.

Now their target is a hero to the black community (and to many others), a man who did 15,000 surgeries and saved lives, a man who personally donated at least a million dollars of his own money to charity and has his own charitable foundation. A man who talks softly and almost always has a smile on his face. Yes, he stated that he personally believes that the Egyptian pyramids were used to store grain, and there's no evidence to support that. So what? How does that affect policy or anyone else's life?

The point is, the debate should be about policy. Often, however, even when policy is discussed it's a straw man version. Recall that the Democrats a few years ago made a video of Paul Ryan throwing grandma over a cliff. New York Congressman Charles Rangel regularly compared GOP politicians to Nazis and the Klan and I can't recall a single time that Democrat politicians repudiated that kind of speech, but I can recall Ben Carson challenged on calling Obamacare "the worst thing since slavery." I personally disagree with Carson's hyperbole and think that it's extreme and unwarranted, and much of the media agrees. But why doesn't that same media call out Democratic politicians when they engage in hyperbole? That is Carson's point in recent press conferences and interviews. There's a double-standard, and that double-standard should be obvious to anyone with an IQ of more than 10 who watches or reads the news.