Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
As for making folks we really don't know. We do know Vito Rizzuto treated Joe Bravo and folks like Desjardins like they were made, but I don't think they were. I also do think that is why so many were loyal to him before and after prison is because he was well known for bringing EVERYBODY together over the years. Yes those rebelled when he was away, but most went along with the show because they feared getting clipped like Nicolo Rizzuto was. If Vito doesn't go away none of this ever happens.

I guess what I was trying to say is that members like Desjardins and Bravo were like Guzik and Humphrey in the Outfit. In the sense that they were important members in the family, but can never be bosses.

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
I've asked the question a few times on the board, does anyone have info on the connection between New York and Toronto?
New York and Montreal?
Did Montreal form ties to the Gambinos? Did the Genovese form ties withToronto to keep the status quo?
How do the factions inside the wider Ø group impact alliances withNew York?
And the big X factor, how does Mexico affect the Canadian groups?
Any thoughts?

I'm guessing that there's a relationship between the families of these cities but it's business only. New York has no say over Toronto or Montreal, the last time they tried to do anything was when Sal Montagna got deported and even then I'm not so sure the Bonnanos as a family had anything to do with it, perhaps it was Montagna acting on his own given that his chances of returning to NY were slim and he wanted to continue his Mob lifestyle in Canada, though to the bigger picture of that story it was more about the bigger Rizzuto enemies that actually carried those attacks, so with or without Montagna the same would have happened given the rival faction in Montreal being led by Joe Di Maulo and their allies in Hamilton (Luppinos/Violis) and Toronto (Some of the 'Ndrangheta families).

Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
Arcadi made a lot of enemies before he went to jail. But he had a strong crew too. So it wouldn't surprise me either way, if he didn't last a month or re-gained his position within the leadership

He certainly did have a very strong crew, it's going to be interesting to see how this new leadership is going to handle this. I actually would not be surprised if they bring him into the fold to keep the peace and strengthen the family. On the other hand that's assuming he goes along with their plans because if not, they'll get rid of him.

Last edited by BronaZora; 11/07/15 03:58 PM.