Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I was just listening to some C.R.E.A.M. the other day too.

Whole album is classic! Wu-Tang and Cypress Hill were always my favorite hip hop bands. Hip hop from that era always had that rebel attitude and especially Wu-Tang displayed a sense of originality that always resonated well with Metal fans like me.

Yes it is. I was a big fan of both too. Cypress Hill's first album was my favorite. UGK was probably my favorite from that era and is probably still my favorite rap group though. I guess being a kid from the South I connected to it more than the others. I remember we would buy bootleg cassettes at the local flea market, of course at 11 or 12 you don't know what a "bootleg tape" was lol Then when I hit 15 I think it was, was when they started checking ID's on explicit tapes. So I had to wait a year to legally buy them so we definitely hit the flea market for bootlegs.

My favorite Wu-Tang line: "diversify your bonds nigga" off of Chappelle's Show lol

LMAO yeah, Wu-Tang Financial lol

For some reason the Southern rap crews of that era never found some cross over into Europe. When people in Europe think of "Southern rap", they mostly think of those Atlanta-based crunk bands. Personally I don't really like that stuff. It's a bit one ear in, out the other.