MAGICAL MYSTERY TOURS: MY LIFE WITH THE BEATLES

I purchased this on a whim at a garage sale (with the help of Amazon reviewers). I wasn't expecting much for it as I had no idea who Tony Bramwell was. I just knew it was about The Beatles and got some good reviews so I gave it a shot. Much of the book is devoted to his time with The Fab Four. However, towards the end, he finishes up about the rest of his business and personal life. Nothing of great interest there but it is his autobiography so he can put whatever he wants to in it.

I did like the book because he revealed things about The Beatles I had never heard before (plus he was there from the beginning to the end). Some of the newer things to me were:

-The working title for RUBBER SOUL was ABRACADABRA. But since this was released around the time John made his "bigger than Jesus" comments, they wanted to stay away from anything magical.
-The working title for THE BEATLES (The White Album) was A DOLL HOUSE.
-The working title for ABBEY ROAD was EVEREST. George is the one who suggested Abbey Road.
-The Beatles wanted to produce a movie version of THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. They even approached Stanley Kubrick to direct it but he didn't feel the book could be adapted into a screenplay and it faded away.

Nothing too earth shattering but still interesting nevertheless. I will however say he has absolutely nothing but disdain for Yoko Ono. His belief appears to be she hypnotized John to fall in love with her and she was a cancer to everyone she dealt with. Overall, an interesting and light read for Beatles fans who are looking for another perspective.