Originally Posted By: Snakes
Matt was more involved than any of the other brothers after Al's imprisonment. He ran Cicero before Aiuppa and then retired to Wisconsin, I believe.

I dont know much about the other Capone boys but i think that you're confusing Matt with Ralph who was the one that ran things in Cicero with Campagna, Heeney and Maddox. I think that Ralph ran Cicero untill 1948 and then his son committed suicide in 1950 and thats when he decided to retire. Later he was filthy rich and went to Mercer, Wisconsin and ran pinball machines independently. Campagna took over in 1948/49 untill his death in 1955. I know that Ricca always gave the top positions to the Italians but during this period things were different so after Campagna's death Maddox took over the area untill his retirement in 1957. After Maddox, Aiuppa was the one who took control of Cicero.

As for Matty, he was also lurking around Cicero but he wasnt involved in anything big or maybe he wasnt involved in anything at all. Although he was once involved in a murder during a drunken brawl in the mid 1940's i think and was also in constant debts to Humphreys and the other guys because he was a drunken bum.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good