Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Ivy in your opinion because the decavalcante are under the gambinos,the family boss can be Frank Guarraci 'cause is sicilian like cefalù ?

The DeCavalcantes have had their own Sicilian ties irregardless of their affiliation with the Gambinos. The name escapes me right now but they had one in their administration at one point.

That said, we need to remember that the "Sicilianess" of these guys is often overstated. Whether we're talking about John Stanfa, Dom Cefalu, Sal Montagna, Frank Guaracci, etc., these guys have lived in the US for decades. I don't think they fit the profile some have in mind of guys fresh off the plane from Sicily, bringing with them the codes of the old world and set to show the Americans how it's done.

Furthermore, while we've seen several examples of them reaching leadership positions, it's not indicative of predictions we saw in the past of a widespread zip takeover of the American crime families.

Both Cefalù and Guerraci are born in sicily,so I imaginated Guerraci that spoke with Cefalu:

"Hey Dom the old man is dead; I want to take over the family,what you think compare ?"
"Franky if you want to be the boss,you'll be the boss,good luck you'll need more fortune to run up this family"