Originally Posted By: Faithful1
There were some early Bonannos there before 1920, like the Navarras and the Galantes. Nick Alfano was there in 1930. Going further back, there was a Vito and Antonio Giglio there in 1900.

I was actually just checking your Informer article on the early NY mob regarding this, and it only had one reference to Queens, Daniel Demanna who was shot in Bronx. I'm only on page 40/108 and so far it's very informative and gives a ton of additional information compared to what I've read before, including the First Family which is the best one I've seen so far.

For example the First Family doesn't really underline that Lupo the Wolf and Morello ran different families, although the way they're referred as Lupo-Morello gang and they're called each others lieutenants in press indicated to me that they were really both individual bosses.

Here's a good example: http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn85058397/1912-08-24/ed-1/seq-5.pdf

In this one Flynn also talks about the political power that the mafia apparently already had at that time.