Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

You also have the famous stories about Ben Siegel who would punch people if they called him 'Bugsy' to his face..

From what Dom Cicale said, Vinny Basciano also didn't really like the name 'Gorgeous' and no one uttered it in his presence..

Recently I heard of a guy in the Philly mob who's nickname is 'Snitch', I don't know how he feels about it but I can't imagine he is too fond about it LOL

No one ever used the name Vinny Gorgeous in the street. Ever. The media and the Feds hung that name on him because, among a dozen other legit businesses, he owned a beauty parlor over here on Tremont. The name of the place was "Hello, Gorgeous." They saw it, so they ran with it.

You'd be surprised how many of these alleged nicknames are fabrications. No one ever called Angelo Priso "The Horn," either. If you knew him well, you called him Ange. If you didn't know him, you didn't address him as anything, Because you'd never get a response other than a curt smile. Period.

Steven "Snitch" Frangipani got that name supposedly for telling on someone to the teacher over an eraser or something random like that back in grade school... I think people mostly call him "Goggs" though, which was derived from goggles because he wears glasses all the time. Like Pizzaboy mentioned, the media often gives These names. For instance, "Handsome Stevie" is Steve Mazzone's nickname, but supposedly isn't called that ever except for in the newspapers, etc. For the most part, people just simply call him "Stevie". They used to call Fat Ange Lutz "Liar Liar" because he was always lying and never told the truth. Another interesting perspective is when the guys say one thing but in reality the name has another meaning such as Nick "The Crow" Caramandi. He would go on to tell people that he got the name "Crow" because he shrewd and wise like a crow when in fact the name was actually given to him because of his dark features (black hair and dark complexion) like a crow. Sort of ironically fitting looking back as he ended up ratting and singing like a bird/crow when he flipped and helped to take down the majority of the Scarfo Mob.

And the crow looked like a crow ,Big nose dark circles under his eyes(always wore glasses) face shape ....makes you wonder when and who gave him the name cos back in the day there was a cartoon with crows and sure looks like him.

Last edited by Serpiente; 10/24/15 10:29 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."