Originally Posted By: fergie
1) I agree, its the minority, but its a HUGE minority considering the numbers involved.
2) entirely debatably, neither of us can prove beyond a doubt. However I CAN prove innocent people are dying needlessly
3) most aren't, those that shoot themselves by accident i would put down to natural selection...stupid is as stupid does. However, YOU gave them the license.
4) helen hit the nail on the head earlier...if guns are easier to get hold of legally, they are easier to get hold of illegally, basically (apologies if Im summarising incorrectly Helen).

But again, Im cool if you want to keep your guns, grab your dick and feel secure..I'm telling you though, you'll find it more difficult year by year through stricter control, stiffer penalties and media pressure. The government wont just disregard your right, but theres ways to get round it over time. The NRA will be as popular as the KKK in a few years-its an observation, so don't go crazy!

You honestly think it's debatable wether or not crime is worse now than it was in the early 90s??
Do you realize how much crime went on back then?

I'm not saying there's proof that more guns brought about the drop in crime. I believe there's multiple reasons for the crime drop. But what the data does prove without a doubt is that increases in guns and gun ownership DID NOT increase crime overall. So if you care about facts at all, you have to at least concede that more guns doesn't equal more violence. It just doesn't. There's no other way to spin it.

THe NRA regarded as the KKK? No. Only in left wing circles is that the case.
You complain about their political power as if that's a bad thing. So what? Those of us in favor of gun ownership are supposed to roll over and let the politicians run us over and pass whatever nonsense law they want? We're not supposed to fight back or be represented? That's ridiculous.

You know STDs are an issue too in this country.
According to the CDC website, over 13,000 people died of AIDS in 2012( even more than gun related homicides).
Sounds dangerous. Maybe we need to register everyone with an STD.
Maybe get a lisence before you're allowed to have sex? That's a lot of needless and preventable deaths per year..

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 10/22/15 07:56 PM.