Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs

But I support gun ownership because I don't support any law or restriction on human liberty. If it reduces freedom than I'm against it. I know people in the UK and other European countries roll their eyes at this talk and that's fine. I put a high value on freedom and human liberty.

Agree with this 100%.

This may be a moot point but, if people roll over and allow special interest groups and left wing media to do what they want with the Constitution how soon until other rights are taken away? When Christianity is banned? When it is illegal to say you don't support gay rights? Not being able to speak out against the government? Eventually we will run out of rights to be taken away from us.

"Rights aren't rights if someone can take them away. They're privileges. That's all we've ever had in this country, is a bill of temporary privileges. And if you read the news even badly, you know that every year the list gets shorter and shorter. You see all, sooner or later. Sooner or later, the people in this country are gonna realize the government does not give a fuck about them! The government doesn't care about you, or your children, or your rights, or your welfare or your safety. It simply does not give a fuck about you! It's interested in its own power. That's the only thing. Keeping it and expanding it wherever possible."- George Carlin

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life