Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I guess I should be saying "was" and he's now dead. That was sad, but hard to feel too bad when you live that life and so much of the content of your lyrics is disrespecting dead rivals. That's what got Lil Marc killed in like two days after his song.

Why does a white kid from Connecticut know any of that? tongue grin

LOL...

These Chicago guys are remarkably open about this stuff. They admit to killing people in their music and threaten other rappers by name. They self snitch constantly. They do it on twitter, in their videos, and in their music.

All of these gangbangers started really rapping after Chief Keef hit in big back in 2012 and I like some of the music. Kind of get immersed into the whole conflict because their music addresses it. Bragging about killing people is part of the music and it gets these guys arrested and killed at alarmingly high rates.

I'd say the most fucked up things Chicago rappers do is disrespect their dead rivals by saying they are smoking their dead remains. "Smoking on a Tooka Pack" means = smoking a dead person. That's a specific example (Tooka was a gang member killed a few years ago) but they say it about all their dead "opps" (opposition, rival gang members).

It is fascinating in a way but also really, really fucked up. Inner City Chicago has earned the Chiraq nickname. These kids all grow up without fathers and the gangs give them a sense of belonging, and the culture in these gangs is to kill people and brag about it.

If you go back and listen to music from the 2012 Chicago scene, at least half of the people in the videos are dead or in jail for the majority of the 300/600, Bricksquad and 051 sets... It's sad. Really sad. These "gang members" are mostly kids. Shooting people at 12 years old. That's why this topic is weird to me... calling people "hitters" they are just kids who want to prove themselves and by the time they're 16, they're lost forever.