Originally Posted By: fergie
Untrained civilians shouldn't have guns, simple as that. They're more likely to shoot themselves than a burglar if the situation happened

this is the type of cookie cutter response that i've come to expect from those who project their own irrational fears and lack of knowledge onto those who they disagree with. just because you aren't comfortable with firearms doesn't mean that others aren't, we have 100 million gun owners here, many of whom are former law enforcement, military, or just grew up with guns and are more than comfortable with their operation. crime has been on a steady decline here in america for decades while the number of guns as well as concealed carry permits has been on a steady rise. the info is out there if you're interested, but knowing how the media in our country portrays gun owners for the most part i'd imagine the impression you get over there is that it's impossible to leave your house here without getting gunned down so stick with the narrative the suites you!

at the end of the day be glad you live in a country where self defense is illegal, i'll be glad i don't. why waste any time trying to preach to AMERICANS on an AMERICAN message board where most of the members are AMERICANS how they should live? how would it go over if i was on a BRITISH message board and did the same?

this pretty much says it all right here, you guys have been totally neutered over there and instead of fighting back, you stick your collective heads in the sand and shit on a still somewhat free country where people are allowed to protect themselves. these next few decades in europe are going to be very interesting, i have a feeling those who harp on our 2nd amendment being outdated are going to have a much different view when achmed gets serious! lol

"The only fully legal self defence product at the moment is a rape alarm."

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q589.htm