Originally Posted By: oldschool3
Again, we'll agree to disagree Ivy...there are more than 1 or 2 or 3 living made guys left and there are many, many associates conducting business as usual. The FBI and State Police don't even pay attention to these guys anymore...at least not like they used to...they still get harassed now and again, but not like the past.
And to the Pittsburgh Mafia Princess...you may be new here... just to be clear..Ivy is a tremendous poster and extremely knowledgeable, but we disagree on some "facts" when it comes to the Pittsburgh Family..."research" knowledge doesn't always equate with "steet" knowledge.

I'm from Steubenville, OH just over the Pittsburgh border and I've kept up with mob stuff in this neck of the woods for quite a number of years. A close friend of mine's grandfather was a top Capo in the family for many years and I'd love to hear who you say are "made members" in the now defunct LaRocca Family? The only members I know to be made and still alive are Thomas Ciancutti, Lenine Strollo and Chucky Porter with the latter two having cooperated with the federal government. Please don't tell me that Bobby Iannelli is made...because he never was and never wanted to be. He along with Tony G were both independent numbers operators who had extensive political ties, hence why Big John allowed them to operate without paying tribute. Bobby I's son is one of my closest friends for 30 years, I met him back in the 1980's at a barbut game he used to run in Glassport with Primo Mollica and Auggie Ferrone. I've spent more time with his father and I can assure you that Bobby I went out of his way to avoid known members of the LaRocca's. I'd be interested to hear your "street" knowledge as I have a little myself.

I have a hard time believing that the FBI in Pittsburgh as well as the state police not paying attention. The state police have made a numerous amount of raids and busts in regards to video poker machines that included Joe Nistico (Nicky Scarfo's brother in law), Rodney Iannelli (Bobby I's son) as well as Kirk Mollica (Primo Mollica's son). So to the contrary, the state police are still focused on illegal gambling. Pittsburgh isn't NY or Chicago, it's hardly a threat for terrorist activity. In my honest opinion, I believe the FBI wishes they still had LCN to combat, it would make their jobs alot less boring in the Burgh than it already is.

Last edited by dinocrocetti; 10/17/15 01:16 PM.