I meant as dying in jail. 5 years for a guy who was Anastasia protege and allegedly part of Murder Inc impressive by criminal standards. Fully agree on Columbo. He disregarded the orders of his boss then ratted him out. I see Joe C. As polar opposite of Neil. One deserved top spot and was modest enough to not be and the other did not deserve such a thing but Carlo was a master strategiest and wanted control of commission. I believe he veiwed Bonnano as an equal which made him keep an eye on him. THIS IS SPECULATION, but I think whole situation was orchestrted by Carlo to more or less control or be allied with every commission member instead of competing for control and votes with Mag and Bonnano. He hadn't been boss long neither had Tommy L. Profaci and Bonnano had seniority and Bonnano did after Profaci died.He killed two birds with one stone and in 5 years removed pretty much removed any threat or anyone on commission with seniority outside of Bonnano fighting it out for a few years. Galante who I believe was locked up during Bonnano warsand spoke highly of Bonnano was only one who could have challenged him after that. Had Galante not been locked up Bonnano would have had way better chance of succeeding to take over commission for them. Carlo would have been greatest general this world had ever seen had he been in military IMO. Carlo had his heavy hitter on street in Dellacroce, Joe Bonnano didn't during the war for his family and it worked out way it did.

Last edited by mchang93; 10/13/15 04:17 PM.