Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
According to Raab, Gotti also taxed his soldiers. And demanded just as much of a cut of their earnings as Castellano did. Not only that, but the demise began with Gotti, and rapidly progressed. He demanded that all of the soldiers and capos came to the Ravenite, to "touch base" and pay tribute one day out of every week, many in that family didn't want to do that, being aware of the chances of FBI surveillance, but Gotti demanded it from them. And this allowed soldiers and capos who weren't previously known to law enforcement, to be identified and labeled as Gambino associates and made men. Gotti only paid the legal fees of those who were on trial with him, and his closest men. He didn't do that for every single soldier in the family.

He wouldn't allow Gambino family members to take plea deals. Because he didn't want them acknowledging the existence of the Cosa Nostra, and it's illegal activity. Guys also began to turn on him for this rule, as guys couldn't get any breaks, they had to follow the orders of Gotti, and if they did take a plea, they were persona non grata. But Gotti also contradicted this with the weekly pow-wows at the Ravenite. And he allowed his closest men, including his son, to take plea deals without any penalties.

yes he made his guys come to seem him on a weekly basis that is true and the feds found amazing info capecis book said the same thing

i have already agreeded with you i believe that john caused damage with his public attention

he taxed his soldiers the same? that is true to a certain degree the capos kicked up the same under john than under paul

but paul was ten times greedier than john he shook down old retired men and demanded a piece of everything. Not only that paul was selling out the entire family to the genovese family

my entire point is john is just as bad as castnanalo they BOTH buried the gambino family if you want to blame john paul desevers alit of blame

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion