Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
neil was never scared of paul either once paul said to neil that he was angry that guys were complaing to neil not paul nail went nuts started screaming at paul "everytime a guy comes to me he is a cocksuker" then paul apologized and said he needed neil

The above retelling I have my doubts about. Neil seemed to me to be very humble in the face of authority, and Paul was very very domineering in a calm cool and collected way. I can't see Paul apologizing to an enraged Neil.

ok i will copy what jerry capeci and gene mustain wrote in there 1996 book gotti

paul a caporeigme, was not admired. He was aloof by nature, and his ties to carlo made him more so.
With carlos corrupt influence, he had built up his fathers butcher shop and had become a multi millionaire in the meatpacking business his soldiers, mainly aging group of loansharks and bookmakers in Brooklyn, were not nearly as well off, but they were still expected to grease pauls palms, even in the off weak. In the family, Paul was regarded as selfish and cheap

most of the capos saw neil as a mans man
he was disliked by the majority other examples i will post from that book which is arguably the best research into the gambino family ever paul is constantly described as aloof not exactly a dominating character

paul seemed trapped in his own situation of his own making-he was boss of only half the family, and that made him resentful and insecure

Once at a Christmas party at pauls house, Sammy said he was leaving to pay his respects to nei, who was holding his own christmas party at the ravenite in little italy

"where `re you goin`?" paul demanded "your on our side"

shows paul always felt insecure about neil and showed he saw the gambino family as two familys

now this the bit where neil goes mad at paul he felt he was powerful enough to. I will copy most of that page

As a Cosa Nostra traditionalist, Neil believed that the boss had to be obeyed once the boss made up his mind But because he was so powerful in his own right,and used that to outrank Paul, he spoke his mind- something sammy learned when Neil took over the sitdown involving sammys accusations against Louis DiBono, his former drywall partner.

Once in a meeting at Paul`s attended by Neil,Gotti and consigliere Joe N. gallo,Paul complained that a soldier in an another family had gone to neil about a problem not him.

"Hey stick this fuckin` job up your arse!" Neil screamed at paul."And make me a soldier. Everytime a guy, like`s me he is a motherfuker"

"Wait a minute,Neil"said Gallo, a holdover from Carlos time who silenty respected Neil more than paul.
"You can`t talk to paul like that.....

"shut the fuck up!" neil shot back. "Every fuckin time a guy likes me, he is a cocksuker, he`s done something wrong

Confronted with his underboss anger, Paul mouthed a weak reply meant to show his job was full of grief too "well if you dont want your job, I don`t want my job"

paul was always uncomfortable around neil weak response can you imagine benny eggs speaking to the chin like that

this is what paul said after neil died and johns reaction
"There`s a rumor out that Neil was a rat" he said, unable to control his jealously even now,even though the article was just disinformation that some law enforcment source had fed some writer trying to enliven Neils obituary notice
As DeCicco and tommy gambino tried to calm him john flew into a rage "whoever said that, I`ll thrown them of a fuckin bridge

"when there is smoke there is fire"replied paul insulting the memory of a mans man and ensuring that two weeks more, the fist would finally come smashing down

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion