Originally Posted By: K1NG6
Originally Posted By: pmac
The guy Tommy del is a real p.o.s but the book is good. Lot of nuggets in it. Like the guy Frank sindone had the capo vote to be boss so scarfo killed him. Tommy del hid the fact he was half polish his wife brings it up and his kids hated his guys.

Wasn't Sindone also hit because he was part of the conspiracy to kill Angelo Bruno?

I've always wondered if Stanfa played a part in Bruno's murder, or if he really was just an innocent, unsuspecting driver on that night. And maybe the reason he fled Philly afterwards was because he was scared that he might get whacked too, since he could have fingered the shooter. If he was involved, it's truly amazing that he ended up being the only one who would survive. Everybody else involved ended up dead within the next year. Most stories and reports I have seen that suggest Stanfa was involved, say the theory was that Stanfa was protected by the Gambino family, and then they actually helped him to become boss so that Gotti could satisfy the zip faction of the Gambino's.

I think if he really was involved, and had he not gone to prison, that Scarfo would have ended up hitting him.

I made a post in one of these philly threads about Stanfa's involvement in that, I'm of the opinion that he was, there's too much in the way that supports his involvement than otherwise. He was Bruno's driver that night, it was the passengers side window which was let down, which enabled the shooter, whoever it was, such close access to Bruno. While Stanfa was also hit by pellets, three days after the murder, Stanfa is spotted by FBI surveillance traveling to Newark and New York with three of the suspected orchestrating mobsters of the Bruno murder. They had photos which was shown during the grand jury investigation of Bruno's murder, which showed Stanfa getting into a car with Frank Sindone. Another photo showed Stanfa outside the 311 club, Caponigro's headquarters, in conversation with Frank Sindone & Antonio Caponigro. FBI agents later tailed the three to the Skyline Motel on 49th St in Manhattan, where they met with members of the Genovese. During the grand jury testimony, Stanfa himself admitted that he was visited in the hospital after the Bruno murder by Frank Sindone & Johnny Simone. The police guard for Stanfa observed this meeting and testified that they huddled up around Stanfa, with all three speaking in Sicilian. Before a second round of questioning scheduled to take place on April 21st, Caponigro & Salerno's bodies are found. Three days later Stanfa shows up for testimony in a clear state of agitation and nervousness, doesn't mean much, but interesting to say the least.

After all this is said and done, Stanfa is indicted by that grand jury for perjury, clearly they believed he wasn't telling the truth about his involvement in the Bruno murder. After his indictment his handed down, he skips town and isn't seen again until he's captured in Maryland using an alias.

With all that said, I think Stanfa was involved.